Red & Infrared Light Therapy
What is Light therapy?
Light therapy, specifically Red and Infrared, is the application of specific wavelengths of light energy to our bodies, which once absorbed, create a variety of benefits at the cellular level:
• Increases collagen production (skin, hair and nail rejuvenation or anti-aging)
• Increases production of melatonin in body (better sleep)
• Stimulates lymphatic system (improves release of toxins and in turns strengthens your immune system)
• Improves recovery time from sports and injuries by repairing tissue damage
• Reduces inflammation of skin and just below the skin
Light therapy has been widely researched and is supported by thousands of peer-reviewed and published clinical research papers from prestigious institutions around the world. It is also referred to as photobiostimulation, photobiomodulation, photomedicine, LED light therapy, low-level light therapy (LLLT), red light therapy, cold and soft LASER therapy. These all have the same meaning and are used to describe the delivery of light energy to treat a variety of medical and cosmetic conditions.
The treatments are non-invasive, painless, requires no recovery time, and can be used safely on all skin types.
Other beneficial applications for light therapy
Our celluma light therapy device
In a stand alone Light Therapy session or as part of a Nanoneedling treatment, we use the Celluma Light Therapy device. Whether it’s to help you combat fine lines and wrinkles and maintain a youthful glow and beautiful skin, or help resolve an injury, our Celluma device is your non-invasive, pain-free, non-pharmaceutical secret weapon. This medical device is FDA-cleared to treat both wrinkles and alleviate pain. Its innovative, flexible, and shape-taking design ensures maximum efficacy since this device can get so close to the actual treatment area.
- drink lots of water before and after
DO NOT use the light if:
- you have consumed alcohol beforehand
- you're sick or not feeling well
CAUTION: HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, DIABETES & HEART ISSUES: Get clearance from cardiologist or similar physician before using light therapies, infrared light especially.
CAUTION IN PREGNANCY: Infrared can cause fetal toxins - red light, could be safe on your face.
CANCER: Light therapies are to avoided if you have cancer in any stage.
PHOTOSENSITIVE CONDITIONS & PRESCRIPTION DRUGS: Citrus essential oils as well as some prescription drugs increase photosensitivity. Also, do not use red light in cases of porphyria (skin condition).
Using Blue Light at a wavelength of 423 nm is beneficial for:
- Bacteria killing
- skin cleaning
- cell activation
- injury recovery
- skin sterilization
- prevention of wounds
Using Yellow Light at a wavelength of 583 nm is beneficial for:
- Improving cell's use of oxygen
- promotes circulation
- treating red spots & red face
- helps remove pigments
- treating rosacea, bruising and spider veins
Using Red Light at a wavelength of 640 nm is the most penetrating power and beneficial for:
- skin cell regeneration
- increases oxygen content in the blood
- stimulates circulation
- improves acne and wound healing
- eases pain
- enhances energy
- promotes collagen
- improves wrinkles